PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interior TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Seat belts and floor mats (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805622)

Carmine 05-26-2017 06:28 AM

Seat belts and floor mats

Hi everyone. Making much progress on restoring my '71 black interior back to it's original Jade Green color. The front and rear seat belts, which I have no doubt are original, are black. Are black seatbeltsacolor for all interiors?? Theyare quite filthy at this time and have to be dyed. Just want to make sure of the color. Also, I can't get Jade Green rubber floor mats for my car. I think they offer 3 colors one of which is black. Again, same question, is black a default color for floor mats?? Thank you, Carmine.

1stgenbird 05-27-2017 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe it depends on whether the interior is standard or custom; standard get black belts and custom get color matching. However, here is a custom with black.

Carmine 05-27-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stgenbird (Post 5743752)
Maybe it depends on whether the interior is standard or custom; standard get black belts and custom get color matching. However, here is a custom with black.

I did Google '71 GTO seatbelts. Saw several pair that were different colors. Like they tried to match the interior color. Mine are presently black. I don't think the color has been changed or they were switched out. They appear to be old. I'll have extra Jade Green dye leftover. I think I might experiment on one of the rear belts. As for the rubber floor mats, I don't see any green ones available. So, its either black or maybe a clear vinyl that I can cut and fit. I don't think I'll like the black against the green carpet, Carmine.

'ol Pinion head 05-27-2017 04:11 PM

Std belts used the plastic buckle & were only avai in Black for '71 A-body's.

Deluxe belts used the brushed metal buckles & for '71 A-body's were avail in:
-Black,
-Med Blue,
-Saddle,
-Sandalwood,
-Jade Green,
-Sienna

Desiring a complete set of Jade Green belts, should have a complete set.

Original '71 Pontiac A-G series floor mats were avail in same above colors. Over the last 2 decades, the earth tone color NOS mats have been easier for me to find than blue or black.

Carmine 05-27-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head (Post 5743820)

-Black,
-Med Blue,
-Saddle,
-Sandalwood,
-Jade Green,
-Sienna

Original '71 Pontiac A-G series floor mats were avail in same above colors. Over the last 2 decades, the earth tone color NOS mats have been easier for me to find than blue or black.

Thank you for your response. My buckles are black in color. Definitely not brushed. I think I will change the buckle and fabric to Jade Green. At least I'll try one. I also looked on line for rubber floor mats. Red, blue and black. That was it. Where did you find the earth tone colors?? Thanks, Carmine.

KGTO 08-12-2023 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmine (Post 5743781)
I did Google '71 GTO seatbelts. Saw several pair that were different colors. Like they tried to match the interior color. Mine are presently black. I don't think the color has been changed or they were switched out. They appear to be old. I'll have extra Jade Green dye leftover. I think I might experiment on one of the rear belts. As for the rubber floor mats, I don't see any green ones available. So, its either black or maybe a clear vinyl that I can cut and fit. I don't think I'll like the black against the green carpet, Carmine.

Old thread I know... :)

KGTO 08-12-2023 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head (Post 5743820)

-Black,
-Med Blue,
-Saddle,
-Sandalwood,
-Jade Green,
-Sienna

Was this the same for 1970? Sandalwood interior, seat belts are standard buckles and has black belts with black covers on the retractors.