PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   74-76 Firebird & TA TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=440)
-   -   White 74 SD with saddle int.desirable?? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849216)

redonred81 03-21-2021 09:22 AM

White 74 SD with saddle int.desirable??

Went to look at a white SD yesterday .very nice original paint car with saddle interior.wondering if its rare and desirable.most of them had blue,black,white.thanks

johnta1 03-21-2021 10:43 AM

I'd think it would be desirable?
But I also think ANY SD Firebird is desirable.

:D

Original Canada car?

:)

Aus78Formula 03-21-2021 05:26 PM

I think I'd prefer saddle, although black is popular, without some of the character.

Green Hornet 03-24-2021 01:12 AM

Different is good......But a white TA...with a saddle interior is LAME.......really lacks ANY pizzazz......

Like a column shift in a Trans am.....Rare...but not desirable...

Aus78Formula 03-24-2021 04:26 AM

The white is what makes it lame, not the interior.

Green Hornet 03-24-2021 05:52 AM

I have a white 72....with a saddle interior........and trust me ...it's NOT the exterior color......that makes it lame...

Aus78Formula 03-24-2021 06:36 AM

Haha. I've got nothing.

Greg Reid 03-24-2021 09:27 AM

'The eye of the beholder' and all that jazz..... I'm with John...IT'S A SUPER DUTY TA!!!!
Now, if you have several to choose from I would probably like a different interior color but still...Yeah, it's desirable!

TAKerry 03-24-2021 09:31 AM

Whats the intent of the question? Is this something you want to flip? Agree with John, if its a legit SD, and has its original drivetrain then its already more valuable than about 70% of the firebirds/trans ams running around. Obviously colour is very subjective. I think white is about the best colour there is for a trans am. Honestly cant say I have seen too many with a saddle interior though. My wifes new mustang is white with an oyster interior and I think that combination looks great, so the saddle probably looks just as good IMO. I wouldnt expect to pay any more or less on the interior colour (unless is was purple shag then Id pay less, lol). I think the real value of the car is condition, but again, if matching numbers even in a restorable condition it should garner a premium.

bluebird455 03-24-2021 11:52 AM

More desirable than you think. I've had two, and wished still did.

Green Hornet 03-24-2021 12:04 PM

If it's a really nice car....and you like it........Buy it....

In my mind....that has to be the least desirable color combo in a 74 TA.........unless they offered green interior...

That is what makes it rare.......nobody liked it...so you don't see many...

Don't get me wrong....I don't hate ALL saddle interiors............I have a Brewster Green 73 with saddle interior....and LOVE it........but 70-72 and 74-77 saddle interiors in Firebirds just don't look good.......especially in Trans ams.....JMO

Brad Pringle 03-24-2021 02:32 PM

I personnaly love Saddle interior cars.

vertigto 03-24-2021 02:53 PM

Another vote for saddle interiors.

redonred81 03-24-2021 09:38 PM

Thanks for the replies !
I did make an offer on it but owner wants more.to be followed...

Green Hornet 03-24-2021 11:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK....so now that we have all the saddle interior guys together here....I will tell my story......

In the spring of 1990.......I bought a white 72 TA.....with saddle standard trim.....

Other than a little crust in the rear wheel arches.......it was pretty solid #'s matching driver survivor...with one cheap paint job...after a front end collision..

I drove it and tinkered with a few things....till the late 90's......

We stripped it down......replaced the lower rear quarters.......and that's when I stalled.....

I was seriously considering painting it Lucerne Blue.......and installing a nice black 71 deluxe interior.....that I already had...

Got into some other projects and basically shelved the 72..........for about 20 years........

I have a white 71 4 speed TA with blue interior now.......and really want a blue one to match.....so I'm back on the 72....and still thinking about painting it blue......with either a black....blue or tuxedo interior....and it will also get a clutch pedal...

I realize that it's rare......prolly being the ONLY white 72 TA built with saddle interior, unitized distributor and cassette deck......but would it be worth more than a blue stick....with a black or tuxedo interior?

It is just a paint job.....and transmission swap.......and could be restored back to stock...when I'm done with it...

After 30 years......I just can't warm up to that "cowboy brown" interior...

Pics posted are from 1990....when I bought it...

Brad Pringle 03-25-2021 08:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my, LAME.......really lacks ANY pizzazz...., car that did it for me

74Bluebird 03-28-2021 08:16 PM

Another Saddle fan

Have a gulfmist blue 74 with saddle interior.

Aus78Formula 03-28-2021 08:27 PM

And yet saddle still has more 'pizzazz' than all black.

Fluffy seat covers and dice might be what completes that.

71GP76TA 04-23-2021 12:04 PM

Saddle interior would be a deal killer for me.... unless it was cheap then I could live with it for a while..

Aus78Formula 04-23-2021 12:31 PM

And what would you call an ideal interior colour for a white car?