PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Heads Up About Problem With Carrying Cell Phone in Front Pants Pocket (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870187)

thepontiacman 11-03-2023 09:31 AM

Heads Up About Problem With Carrying Cell Phone in Front Pants Pocket

Just letting others know about tingling thigh syndrome or meralgia paresthetica.

Other things can cause this also, but the larger cell phones carried in front pants pocket can cause this.

Tingling feeling on surface of thigh kind of like numb feeling. Then pain when you walk and try to sleep.
Femoral nerve is aggravated by pressure of phone in pocket a lot.
Never had problem with my old smaller phone .
Hope this prevents you from dealing with this.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

KS circutguy 11-03-2023 09:34 AM

What the hell.//

Keith Seymore 11-03-2023 09:54 AM

So a fat wallet could cause the same thing?

K

Cammer-6 11-03-2023 10:10 AM

wrap it in tinfoil
problem solved

burd 11-03-2023 10:49 AM

Who puts a phone in their front pants pocket :pound:
No extra room in mine. Just sayin

Sent from my rare prototype I phone w/ hologram, iPhone 26

einstein 11-03-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burd (Post 6464789)
Who put a phone in their fron pants pocket :pound:

I carry 2 cell phones and frequently have one in each front pocket, especially when in air travel mode. Makes a pickpocket's job more difficult. Personal phone is in a leather phone wallet so I no longer use a traditional billfold.

"QUICK-SILVER" 11-03-2023 10:57 AM

Enuff pressure from a phone, to the hip and groin area, that can squash and damage these nerves????

That would be outside my comfort zone
Clay

Vid here about those nerves location and function
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh5_jVMANAk

72projectbird 11-03-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

I always have mine in my front pocket, and my other one has my wallet in it.

Bills Auto Works 11-03-2023 11:45 AM

This is not unlike Sciatic Nerve issues caused by a wallet (or anything else) in the back pocket while driving. Fellow truck drivers have dealt with this issue for decades & the smart ones don't drive with their wallets in their back pockets any more. I also cured that issue with one of those gel seat cushions.

Back to the actual topic....I have been buying jeans from Tractor Supply over the last couple of years that have a 5TH pocket down a little lower on the right side. My cell phone fits nicely in it & puts no pressure on my thigh. I did not buy these jeans for that reason, but once I realized how good it fit in that pocket, I continued to purchase them. The fact that they are cheap also helped!:o

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

72projectbird 11-03-2023 12:11 PM

When I'm driving my phone is always in a cup holder or the console, paired to the radio via Bluetooth. Gotta have my music going!

In the Trans Ams I just stick it in the door panel pocket and let it play.

thepontiacman 11-03-2023 12:18 PM

Very painful!

My old phone never gave me this problem.

New phone is 6.5" long and have carried in front pocket unless getting in truck or sitting down.

Doctor said anything like that can irritate your nerves.

Many articles online about different things that cause it.

Will look into different way to carry phone.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

turbo69bird 11-03-2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Where do you put it? Mine is always there . And yup I get exactly what he’s talking about hmmmm

I dint carry my wallet in my back pocket anymore because it messed up my back when I did. I’ll need back pack soon. But that’ll round my shoulder god I can’t win!!! :-)

Greg Reid 11-03-2023 02:38 PM

Quote:

I do, and have for as long as I've carried one. Wallet in the other front pocket. I've never carried much of anything more than a comb in my back pockets.

kingbuzzo 11-03-2023 04:16 PM

What do you mean my boy's can't swim...

I have a giant pone as well but she is getting old...eyeballing one of those Galaxy Folds...so small!

Stuart 11-03-2023 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bills Auto Works (Post 6464807)
Back to the actual topic....I have been buying jeans from Tractor Supply over the last couple of years that have a 5TH pocket down a little lower on the right side. My cell phone fits nicely in it & puts no pressure on my thigh.

I have a pair of Dickies shorts that have that 5th pocket, it does work very well for carrying a phone. Out of the way but still easy to access. I believe their pants have the same feature.

Bills Auto Works 11-03-2023 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=kingbuzzo;6464862]What do you mean my boy's can't swim...

/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!

This reminds me of many years ago (Mid/Late 80's) when I was a Doorman/Bouncer at a very popular Cleveland area dance club, I wore a T-shirt that read...." I Shoot Blanks" :D

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

kingbuzzo 11-03-2023 11:17 PM

Dang ☢ radioactive giant pones...

'ol Pinion head 11-03-2023 11:31 PM

Never have carried a phone in front pocket. Due to my carry have moved a ballistic type phone case from right side to left side of my belt, took some getting used to.

72projectbird 11-04-2023 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head (Post 6464949)
Never have carried a phone in front pocket. Due to my carry have moved a ballistic type phone case from right side to left side of my belt, took some getting used to.

I also put that in the door panel pocket in the TAs. I hate when it digs into my hip.

Greg Reid 11-04-2023 11:47 AM

I usually put mine on the seat or door pocket when driving. I use earbuds then also. Hands free operation.