View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 08:11 PM
On Vacation

Booth, the car is a 68', so much for that argument.

Larry, I understand that this guy has accomplished something spectacular, yeah that's great, but what does any of that have to do with anybody on this board? Nothing.

NSCA/NMCA is THE FASTEST GROWING part of drag racing, there are magazines (yes, plural) that JUST cover those two groups. You don't care about them and that's fine, but guess what, that's contrary to public opinion. I don't see anyone making Hot Rod TV or any other "prime time" running Stock Eliminator or whatever. The trick to all of this is to get exposure and S/S type racing isn't the way. As for your comment about who spends the most money wins......welcome to drag racing...any drag racing PERIOD.

Again, I'm happy that a guy running D-ports went that fast and he didn't get caught doing anything illegal, but big deal. You're trying to use an ISOLATED ONE TIME instance to prove a point about D-ports that simply isn't true. They CAN be made to go fast, but why spend the time, money, and effort. Its much more fun to just go racing than to spend countless hours of your life at a flow bench just to prove to yourself that it can be done.

A little story I'll share with you. One of my friends has the fastest cast iron headed Buick Satge One in the country. His car hasn't recieved ANY attention from anybody, including TA Performance, who is the king of Buicks, why, because NOBODY CARES. Its not a big deal to anyone but him and the three other guys trying to catch him. What a waste of time. His car could be a full second or two faster with a set of aluminum heads and he's got just as much money in his iron heads as he would have had in the best set of aluminum heads there are. To me and everyone else, its just plain foolishness.

[This message has been edited by Goatman (edited 09-23-2001).]