View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is always the best finds !!! Last spring I found a 1972 Pontiac Parisienne with only 60000 miles in the paper, the owner was in his eighties as well and told me he could not drive it anymore because his hearing was going and his wife was scared of driving it because of the size of it. The Parisienne (Canadian version of the Catalina-Bonneville) was red and 2 doors in very good shape but was too plane jane for my liking. It had a 350 2 barrel CHEBBY engine ! If she had a 455, I would of bought it on the spot ! $2500 was the asking price ! I felt bad for the old folk so I did not buy it to make a profit on it, he was very proud of his car and was telling me good stories about it like the time he drove 1600 miles from Winnipeg to Toronto without having any problems with it and poeple couldn't believe their eyes that he had such an old car in such a good shape and sooooooo big ! That was not too many years ago. He was playing me an old eight track tape of himself playing the violin...I love them old poeple and respect them.
By the way I beleve more in So little cars...So much money such as 100000 $ + GTO's...