View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckinda60s
Yeah, in retrospect, I shouldn't have said failed. Let's just say it wasn't a "rousing success". What I'd predicted was that it wouldn't take off. It was a 3-year marketing experiment that didn't generate enough interest to warrant continuance. IF they hadn't had to discount them to get them to sell, IF they hadn't had dealers, who'd taken the plunge, with them sitting on their lots, IF they hadn't had mechanical issues, IF they hadn't had to wait for replacement parts when something failed and IF they had the styling to appeal to their target buyers (due to the high price), they might have been a success.

And the success of the G6/Grand Prix simply goes to prove my point about making the Goat an upscale performance model, doesn't it? The G6 didn't even have a 2-door model when it came out.

Look at Ford's success with the MACH1 in comparison. The Goat's a better car in most respects and still can't generate the same excitement. I'm sorry it can't, I'd like to have seen it continue, it's a great car.

Once again, if you want the Goat to be a success, it needs to have a base model. And, the G6 and (fwd)Grand Prix didn't have a 2-door model when they first came out.

Rich

Rich, you're dead wrong AGAIN!. The car was going out of production after 06 ANYWAY! Stop talking about things you know NOTHING about.

What does not having a 2dr G6 have anything to do with this? The GA had a two door and sold a lot as well.

LOL, the Mach 1? Jesus....Trust me when I tell you that it wasn't a "sales sucess" either.