View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBLER
Let's see 18K produced in a year max was the fact, so at 35K or 25K the total sales would still only be 18K a year. Oh yeah a base model would have helped tremendously!!!
Exactly, it was a failed premise from the beginning. It was over-priced so they sat on the dealers' lots. A small dealer in my area still had an '04 when the '06's came out. Small dealers can't afford to pay the interest on that expensive a car for that length of time. I read of some dealers having 4 or 5 of them for extended periods of time.

Once again, for those having a hard time understanding what I posted, I LIKE THE CAR!!! I'm just not willing to pay the money they were asking for it and I really feel that I was the demographic they were trying to sell to. I would have liked to see it be a success because it could have helped Pontiac tremendously. There are so many things the car could have done. Instead it was a disappointment. Sure it handles, runs rings around most cars on the road and is comfortable. Those don't mean anything if they don't inspire sales. When a car needs to be discounted to sell, it means a couple of things. One, that it's over-priced (!) Two, that it's not attractive to the targeted buyer. When they were discounted they still didn't sell, probably because people had made their minds up before and couldn't be pulled in.

All emotional arguments aside, what I (and others) have stated is nothing but FACT. Call me ignorant or whatever you like, you can't change the facts. I think I have a better handle on the FACTS than you do.

Rich

Last edited by Stuckinda60s; 05-10-2007 at 05:31 PM.