View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedabone
I tried progressive on mine when I first got it runnin. My little motor HATED it. It would barely take off from a stop sign. I hooked em both together and all my part throttle problems went away. But, if progressive works for you, do it.

Also, can you turn me on to the Dudes cam specs? My 244@.050 PowerMax makes terrifying power, but sounds tame at idle, maybe the Dudes profile would sound a little more bitchn'??

Glad to hear you are almost a full week with out anything terrible happening to your little motor. (and the oil staying on the INSIDE is nice too...)

See ya, -Abone.

your running a couple of afb's? i thought they were, but not sure.......

anyhow, yeah, mine seemed to run just fine on one, so i may try it. who knows, it may cancel itself out because of the need for more pedal to achieve the same power. really though, i thought it felt the same power/pedal depth wise.......

i am lucky with the idle portion of my carbs,(edelbrock 1407's) they seem to work well. i did drill four small holes, one in each primary blade, about .080. not real big, i did it with the first cam, to try to help my idle, didn;t seem to affect it one way or the other. but, it works well now, so who knows. i can't complain, it idles fantastic, i am tuning the primary jets tomorrow, so look out for more tuning results, getting real close......

cam and company:
comp hydraulic roller lifters,(can't seem to rev these things past 5800, too heavy i guess......................KIDDING!) they work just fine......

harland sharp roller rockers, comp pushrods, comp springs, install height is at 1.8 or so..... about 150lbs on the seat, 350lbs on the nose.....

hmm, doesn't seem like mine is any wilder, but i don't know all your specs, so who knows....... mine idled higher initially, and sounded pretty tame, from the earlier cam experience, but then i started dropping it down in rpm's, just to see what would happen. magic happens! lumpity lumpity bliss to my ears kind of magic.......

comp roller: intake 242@ .050, 297@ .006., .551 lift @ 1.65 ratio
exhaust 254@ .050, 309@ .006., .559 lift @ 1.65 ratio
113 lobe separation on a 108 intake centerline, installed straight up according to specs i believe....(i didn't degree it, the machinist did, said it spec'd out, but i don;t know if it has some advance 'ground into' it or not, i'll check the card later.......)

idles awesome, part throttle is awesome, and full throttle is terrifying.......

davey