View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
I don't know about everyone else but ... unless I know one of the parties directly involved in one of these threads I usually reserve judgment on who is really at fault. I do think businesses in this industry probably put up with more crap than most other businesses. You can really drag a company's name through the mud on a message board.
You would be correct but I am hearing rumblings that there may be changes coming down the road. Right now there is not much accountability for what is posted on internet forums unless you are just downright slanderous but there are several lawsuits going worldwide which could change that. I don't remember the exact details [was not an automotive related] but a large company/corporation was sueing a consumer who had made numerous postings which had affected their business. I had heard this story on the tv news and do not know the outcomes but the newscaster went on to imply that this could very well make those think twice that post false , wrong or even information with half truths in it . They also went on to say this could set a precedent that regardless of the situation if the company could prove the postings caused losses that they may still have the recourse to bring suit and seek damages. It will be interested in seeing how all of this plays out over the next couple of years .

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

BG Fuel System, Demon Carburetors, Nitrous Works, Rush Filters

www.barrygrant.com