View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE
Why slam a manufacture if they have a valid point and just post the facts from their end?
If indeed you have read all these threads Dude,you'd damn well know that I've never once "slammed" them for posting their side of this deal,all I've done is advise them to tone down the langauge they were using when doing so,I did so to try and keep them from making themselves look like huge jacka$$e$ when they blurt out some pointless dribble that did nothing to further the point at hand.

They did'nt much listen to that advice,and they went ahead and made the whole thing even worse with the "rant" from Mr. Grant over @ YB.

Further I suggested that they take a good look at the problem from a fresh point of view,from a POV that is other than their own for once,you know,try looking at the issue from another fellas perspective and such.

But again,I doubt that advice is getting thru.

I never once said they dont have a right to voice their side,I just advised them to pause a moment,and consider how it is gonna sound to the guy reading their posts on the other side of the monitor,ask me calling them "wannabe racers" and such,well that does'nt really help their case much at all,it only hurts it.

That's a lot like Phill Gramm calling the US a nation of whiners.

That sorta "let them eat cake" attitude is bound to alienate some folks out there.

I also have'nt slammed any BG products in any of these threads neither,I simply dont use enough of them to have the sorta issues being discussed,I've seen plenty of others who were not so fortunate though,but I would agree a fair share of that is on the owners of those vehicles at times as well.

Seen plenty use their stuff and have zero problems too.

I even tried to help Bill on this,,,but he said he "missed" that post,,,oh well what more can a fella do...

The only BG product I've bought in the past that I did'nt care to use was an old blister packed secondary side notched float for a holley,it looked like they notched it,and then did'nt bother to reseal the nitrophyl coating,which IMHO is a big no-no as the float will soak up fuel and end up sinking,but were I inclined to use that float,it is easy enough for me to fix that on my own.

Further,in the one thread,I even stated plainly I was still considering using some other products of theirs guys,so dont shoot me just yet fellas,cuz I aint the enemy.

I'm just telling the folks @ BG to tone down the level of rhetoric they're spewing,before something is said that they'll really regret.

They been doing pretty well at points,,,and then bam,,,out will come some off the wall comment that sounds like a spoiled 5 year old kid said it or something....

:-ohwell:

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.