View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

Robert, I actually just started cutting my Hedmans today to start fabbing up my fenderwell exit headers. I do still have the Summit headers but I cut the collecter short on one to try to get it to clear the frame. It might have some hammering on it as well. You are welcome to borrow one or buy both from me to check fitment. From Summit they're only about $110.

Larry, I did some research and found that it's probably an M20. It has 2 rings on the input shaft which means it's an M20. I did have a few people surprised to see the drain plug and said they didn't normally do that on M20s. I also found that all 70+muncies had 26 spline input shafts and the big output shaft. So, I think it's an M20 with the 2.52 first gear. I think the 3.42 or 3.64 gears will work fine. I think I'm going to go with 3.64 gears if Fabcraft makes another run of them by the time I am ready to buy.

I'm using a dual friction clutch made by Fort Wayne Clutch. It's a kevlar/ceramic supposed to be good for 600hp. It's a 12" 26 spline. I'm having trouble fitting it in the Pontiac bellhousing. It fit in the '59 GMC bellhousing just fine. I may need to grind about 1/4 off the bottom to squeeze it in there.

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/