View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Karfever used the right words when he said "pick it apart." Just my opinion, but I think this car is well worth $24k and will sell. The seller posted a lot of photos and provided a description meant to sell the car for as high a price as he could, just as any of us would do. If you're serious about buying it, you could be fairly certain about mileage by documentation the seller would or wouldn't have. He said Tripower was added to an original '65 GTO engine. Checking for #77 heads and getting the engine casting number would be a no-brainer if you're really concerned about originality. Having Rally I wheels, chrome exhaust tips and wood steering wheel is a plus--whether the car was built that way, or not. The only negative is the 2-speed automatic transmission and, ironically, it was built that way

As far as the washer bottle and dash bezel, any of us that bought these cars new know how quickly these things deteriorate--29k miles or not. If you like, you can paint the cowl tag and hood hinges to make them "correct."

I have a hard time understanding the dislike many car enthusiasts have for eBay. No other method of selling provides as large a market, as low cost for listing, or an easier way to describe any item you're trying to sell. There has NEVER been a tool for selling that can beat eBay in these important aspects.

Try it, you may like it!!!

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan