View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Senior Chief

b-man, your firewall is much flatter than mine. The tape shows where the bottom of the gas pedal should be. I will have to place the assembly as high as it can go.

I did however do something about that horrible pad on my assembly. I had to grind away part of the metal to fit the 68 GTO pedal. It uses 68 mounting parts. The only additional was a couple of washers since the DBW metal is thinner than the 68.

Not much to report in general, I am home 5 days a week and can't work very much on the project . Injured foot

The trunk had more problems than I first thought. I had bought a one piece trunk floor to replace the metal shown in the green line.

However when deciding how much of the metal to remove I found that the trunk floor was more bondo than metal. The more I sanded the worse it became. That white stuff is bondo. There was so much bondo in the floor that my plama cutter wouldn't even cut the stuff. The plasma cutter kept shutting down because it couln'd sense a ground. The trunk had been badly repaired repaired many years ago and repainted. Even the paint looked old. The extensive problems weren't visible until I sanded the paint.

On the left side so much of the trunk floor was swiss chesse that the one piece trunk floor that I bought didn't even cover all the bad metal.

I made a patch rather than buying a left side truck floor. It's good that this is a small area and is almost flat.

Unfortunely I can't stay on my feet long enough to weld this patch in. So this will have to wait several weeks.

I did determine that both of the trunk drop-offs are good. No rust there.

I finally got 16" Ralley II wheels on the way. I canceled my order with Wheel Vintiques and orderd them from specialty wheel. (Thanks for the tip from rolling money pits) The wheels have shipped and should arrive the end of next week. The wheel Vintiques had been on order since October of last year.