View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:30 PM

Location: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult In The Motor City

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002Z4CSS View Post
At least the profits come back to Dearborn, Mi.
Ask an auto worker that received a layoff his opinion about that. Since you're in Michigan I'm sure it would be easy to find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmcnc
Yeah, what he said! Dodge trucks have been made in Mexico for years , but it's still an American car Company (Registered).
Where does Ford (an American company) spend it's profit? Mexico...making the new powerstroke engine. Where does Toyota spend it's profit? Right here building a plant in America employing my fellow American workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierced mikey
Stupid question about this comment(since it has been made on the other end about Toyota's etc that are built here). Is it really better for just the profits to come back here to support the higher-ups at a company, or is it better for the profits that are made to be supporting U.S. citizens that are working the assembly line building the truck?.
Right on!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm more concerned about my fellow American worker then where the "profit" from a car goes. An American worker spends his paycheck here helping our economy, A Mexican worker does not.

8.5" 10 bolt with Auburn race series posi, 3:73 gears and 4 wheel disc brakes
Looking for the right Ventura for the drivetrain ('73 w/o Sprint nose)