View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
25 yr old
NOTHING wrong with 25 year olds - im 24, and i can do helluva job better then that , just by a pen, paper or photoshop alone.

got nothin to do with age - creativity and vision are the problem. even though i like the new mustang, challenger and camaro - they are only a fabric due to the shortage of creativity and vision by the people responsible for their design or ther relative positions to it, and the people responsible for the end result/ the people approving certain designs.

take the new mercedes sls 'gullwing' for example. a total vision of fail. even more when looking at the current mclaren slr - far more beautiful then it's replacement.

the 4th gen firebird, especcialy the 98-02 model, is, though imho riced up a little- a gorgeous futuristic, sleek, supercar. it looks far more advanced and newer then the current 5th gen camaro or even those lame trans am prototypes.

age ain't got nothing to do with it!

just because one is 25 doesnt mean they belong to the fast & furious matchbox crackerbox toy generation who think having a fartcan the size of a bazooka on a 1.0 l 4-banger is COOL and adding star wars materials to the car makes it even cooler and gives you 'street cred'. i barf on that.
i drive a 71 firebird because i LOVE that car. nothing can replace that car. why? it's got soul, it's got character, it's got life. when i see the designs above - its a dead shell (even a failed shell). same goes for the new stang, chally and camaro. soulless. a bunch of plastic that's moulded to a classic car.
if i look at delorean's original banshee designs - man how gorgeous is that! why? because it's got soul, its got character and you can see it has been designed by a creative mind

and yeah i take that personally.

Last edited by cliffhanger; 11-08-2009 at 07:53 AM.