View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 10:18 PM

So I modified my Too-High springs.And yes Firebirdm@n this set was from Eaton and were about 3 inches too high. The other sets were from Jc Whitney, and NPD...all too high! The Jc Whitney springs also had zero suspension movement after they were installed...I mean no possible movement short of driving off the Empire State Building. My spring compressor exploded while attempting to remove a spring from the ball joint side this time (wow...that is scary...watch out for that one...practically saw my life pass before my eyes...) so I did the job differently this time, by removing the a-arm bolts at the frame and dropping the engine-side of the arm down. Worked out much easier this way...especially when putting the thing back together...for me, less than half the time,and cussing...I cut exactly one coil off the bottom of each spring, which was about an inch. The car now sits 2 inches lower than with the uncut after market springs. Maybe a little higher that the old stock springs, but I used to hot rod back in the early 60's, and we always had a little front-end rake on our cars, so I'm okay with it now. And it rides and handles the same as with the NPD and uncut Eaton sets I had on it before. So I'm good with this mod. I'll put up some photos real soon. Thanks again for the help.