View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingchief View Post
All those DCR calculators will spit out the same numbers,IF the input data is plugged in correctly with each DCR calculator variant.

The .050" based DCR calculators will match the "seat" timing DCR calculators if you just ignore all the +15° non-sense,and instead input the known/actual seat events instead of the .050" events +15°.

It's a case of they're all trying to get to the same place,but they're all trying to get there using somewhat different methods.

Though when one realizes what's going on,than that fella can get them all to put out the same numbers regardless of which calculator is being used.

This has been discussed here in the past a few times.

I know I can get all those DCR calcs to spit out the same numbers,and I'll add this,if I could'nt get them to do such,well then I would'nt trust DCR theory as far as I could throw it,and honestly I still dont put too much faith in DCR as a whole,but I'll admit it's an interesting tool to play around with just for kicks.

Do a keyword search on "DCR",that info should come up.

HTH

Bret P.
Agreed. I find this calculator takes the guess work out of it. It specifically states what to enter, you don't have to finagle the numbers or guess how it was developed.

Stewart

1976 TA, nose converted to 1970 style, 406, ported #13 Heads, '70 iron intake without crossovers, Q-Jet - Cliff style, RARE OS manifolds, Pypes duals w/crossflow, UD 230/238 custom HR 4/7 swap cam with solid roller lifters , Hydro-Boost 4-wheel discs, 4 Speed, 3.23 posi.

“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.” - Winston Churchill