View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's not really "messing" with the numbers,or "guessing" how each calc was developed.

It's more a matter of all the input data matching on whatever calc is being used.

That's on the users end,not on the calcs.

The input data is'nt "fudged" or anything like that to get the calcs to agree,the input data is all 100% legit,not changed or anything like that at all,it's just making sure the user input is the right set of data to get them to all agree.

All those DCR calcs must be based on the same basic mathematical formula,if they were'nt,then you likely one would never be able to get them to agree with each other,at least not when legit input data was used.

It's the way they each calc chooses to lay out the data input format on those different calcs that confuse the user @ times,the calcs have no idea what data they're looking for to get the "correct" end result,that's why I say it's the users that have trouble figuring out what input info is needed.

In the past I explained how that likely happened.

Cam companies often dont give seat event data on their cam cards,typically they only provide events @ .050",so what were the bulk of folks using those DCR calcs to do?

Either they had to figure out the math involved to find the seat events themselves,or the folks providing the calcs had to figure out a way to compute DCR based on the more common .050" event data,so the "fix" chosen was that .050" +15° deal.

The only cam co.s that consistently gave both seat & .050" event info were Crane & Isky cams,everyone else provides just one or the other sets of event info,Comp for instance cant make up it's mind on that at all,they will typically give one or the other,but never give both.

Now I myself know how to get whichever set of events are missing on any given cam card (within a degree or two),so I pretty much knew how to get the numbers I needed to get good info outta any of those the DCR calcs.

But for some,it's not gonna be as easy or make as much sense I guess.

All I was getting at is they all will get you to same numbers if you know what data each calc is looking for in a given input.

GIGO applies here bigtime.

Bret P.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.