View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Hi George,

I havent gone yet. Since one of the other things that didnt pass was the right rear brake due to a faulty wheel cylinder, I decided to go ahead and finish the 4 wheel disc conversion, change from 3.73's to 3.08's, drop the stall from 4600-3000 for better pro-touring/street/road-racing use, move the wastegate for the turbo and reroute the exhaust pipes at the turbo........well, below is the list of changes done so far, in progress, or parts bought and soon to be started. Meanwhile I HOPE to have the car back on the road again in about 2 weeks.

So you think the churchman's rd DMV might be a bit easier? Might be worth the trip up as I'm all the way in Laurel, DE at the moment. I'm really hoping the Goerlich's do the trick. Where are you located? I want to get up north soon to do some cruise nights soon too.

-3.08 rear with S10 disc brakes. Had 3.73's, but turbos like LOAD, so the taller gears will be better.

-Converter restalled from 4600 to 3000....tight. Again, turbos like load

-methanol injection system with boost switch at 40%

-Oil accumulator to back up oiling system under hard right turns

-moved wastegate to clear front R tire

-consolidated and cleaned up wiring

-March Performance Style Track Serpentine System

-Vintage Air heat/air/defrost

-1987 WS6 steering gearbox 2.5:1

-new burnt orange cut pile carpet w/insulation

-RSX leather race seats

-new door sills

-kenwood stereo & speakers

-new door hinge pins

-12 volt fan added to turbo oil cooler

-radiator dropped/tilted forward with intercooler

-glasstek early style tall TA hood scoop with piping reroute to put stock hood back on

-Complete fiberglass front end purchased. Will tilt forward. Not going on for a while...when the body gets reworked and repainted