View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
What I have been saying from the beginning is that for this to be right you have got to get the valve from the donor car pictured in image 5A-6 provided by 6t5 Cat. labeled 'valve'. This is the metering block that the lines plug into. It is my understanding that this also proportions front and rear brakes. It is not merely a housing for the trouble light that goes to the dash/jct block. If you use your existing Jct. for the lines then if the lines are the same size, I am sure it makes no difference front or rear as pressure is pressure. From the internal diagram, there does not appear to be any proportional difference between the front and rear valve in the MC.

I think this may be the source of some of the confusion. Mine is hooked up as the factory book shows and I did it going from the way the donor car I took my parts was including the metering block. These blocks also have varying size lines from the block to front and rear brakes which I assume proportion the VOLUME of fluid going to each set of cylinders, which would make a difference if hooked up backwards. Especially under duress when the fluid is heating up.
1. My 1964 has no brake trouble light.
2. My 64 has no "valve." What it did have (and is still used in the front brake circuit) is a Junction block. Not a metering block, valve, proportioning valve, or anything else. It is simply a fitting that allow one "input" to be delivered to three (two front, and one rear) "outputs".
3. All of my original brake lines were the exact same size.
4. Again, the way it was originally set up was: One line from master cylinder into junction block, then one line to each front brake, and one line to the rear, which was split to each rear brake.

Now if you are working with a DISC/DRUM set up, then the above does not apply. I am having a hard time reading those scans, but to me that looks like info for a 1967 DISC/DRUM set up. No?

MK