View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 12:50 PM

well, i got the PHS report today and i am quite disappointed in myself since i know that it is completely my fault. apparently i got one of the numbers in the VIN messed up. the report i got says the VIN is for a canadian '69 coupe dressed in green with a standard gold interior, and auto trans, and deluxe wheelcovers. as you can see by the pictures in the original post, the car is blue on blue with a 4 speed and rally rims. so, since the windshield adhesive has worn off anyway, when i go back, i'm taking the windshield out of its frame completely. i'll rest it on the hood as i'm checking the VIN, then put it back in place. and since the hood and decklid are trash anyway, i'm bringing my flat tip screwdriver, tire iron with the chisel tip, and a sledgehammer, and one way or another, the hood and decklid will be opened. before massacring the hood though, i'll try doing what limejudge69 said about 1st gen hoods. this also means that the records request i sent to the DMV will come back with nothing, if it even comes back. at least the fee for that was only 50 cents, not $65 like the PHS. the part i messed up would have been somewhere in the "02117" digits of the VIN. i know the "U6" part was correct saying it was from lordstown and a 6 cylinder, but how could i have messed up the other 5 digits?... i'll bring some acetone too and clean off the VIN plate, maybe that'll help.