View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 PM

I gave PHS a call on wednesday, and once I explained, the guy (don't know who I talked to) said he'd send out the right paperwork the next day. I just got it back today, and I'm actually pretty excited about what I've found about this car, but I'm also confused. Knowing what I've seen when I looked at the car in person, it all makes sense, but I still have to wonder if this is the right paperwork. I KNOW it's the right VIN, but still. Check it out and see what you guys think. I blacked out the VIN, but everything else is readable. The cordova top makes sense considering that there is no trim at all around the windshield or rear window and the roof is covered in surface rust. And the whole "no A/C with Sprint cars" thing makes sense because I haven't actually inspected the climate controls. I just saw the vent deflector balls and assumed it was for A/C. To tell you the truth, it could be just heat for all I know. And the last time I went back to get the registration I saw a random bracket sitting where the map pocket would be on a 2nd gen. Firebird console, but I didn't know what that bracket went to, but according to the PHS, it's for a stereo tape player. Again, that makes perfect sense. The tape player is gone, as is the hood tach and vinyl top, but there is evidence that they were all once there. The order form only shows one 4 speed manual transmission, which is a Muncie M-20, so I'm pretty sure that's what this car has, I just wish I knew what rear axle it has in it.

I also got the results from that records request I sent to my DMV. The first page said that they had no records on the car because it has been longer than 10 years. The second page is the form I filled out. But then there's this 3rd page, which is completely contradictory to what they said on the first page. The 3rd page has all the stuff that's on the registration, plus stuff that I don't quite know how to decipher, but I do know there are no liens on the car. But it says a couple things of interest. Most notably, the previous title issue date-get this-01/27/1969. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this would appear to be a one owner car! It says the last registration expired on 04/25/1982 and it has all the correct information for the car, including VIN and title number, so I wonder why they said they had no records and then included this page in the very same envelope. The owner should have received my letter by now, so I'm going to give him until a week from monday to contact me, and if I haven't heard from him by then, I'll be calling him at home and trying to convince him to sell or at least tell me about the car. If he says no at first, I won't give up, I will have this car. I think I would put the vinyl top back on too. warwick blue with a parchment vinyl top would look pretty good, methinks.

Every car has a story, and I can't wait to hear this car's story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phs report 1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	254626   Click image for larger version

Name:	phs report 2a.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	254627   Click image for larger version

Name:	phs report 2b.jpg
Views:	113