View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Senior Chief

I went to this huge warehouse last year off 14 mile to help a friend purchase a 65 tri power GTO. Amongst the stash of I would say 50 cars, a few 69 T/A's, at least 6 GTO's a 70 Judge and a 73 Buccaneer Red Super Duty with less than 4k on the odometer and many other very nice first gen Firebirds. From talking to a few people there, this warehoused collection belonged to a conglomerate of GM execs and other well-to-do people.

I was approached by the owner of one 69 T/A and struck up a conversation. Since I owned many 67-68's and had 2 now, he introduced me to another guy and we began to talk about a Verdoro green 68 he had on a lift with a 67 underneath. We were shooting the s**t and I made mention of the 69 I was looking at. So then the #8 came up and that was it. I was a nobody there with a friend buying a 65 GTO and he had no reason to impress me or otherwise make the story up. I also had no reason to doubt his integrity or his rationale for the information. The amount of cars there, the condition of the cars, the cleanliness of the warehouse would lead me to believe his word as fact.