View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 PM

Default window sash channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww View Post
Hi, Frank:

Thanks for the reply. I have one of those, that Ames/PY sells, but I got mine from Auto City Classics..... the glass, brakes, gas tank guys from MN, I think is where they're from.
Anyhow it was made in China and as you stated did not fit very well and all welded construction. I got it in there and working, but the chrome on mine is not that great and the chrome actually seemed to react with the urethane adhesive I used. Turned green in places, if you can believe that!!

I'd like to find an original one sometime, but for now I'm OK.

Thanks again, Jerry.
Jerry,

I bought mine about 12 years ago and the quality was good. They may have changed their source since then, unfortunately.

A lot of the old cars had damage to those parts because of the weather and subsequent rusting due to the water sitting on that channel for so many years.

You might try some of the salvage yards out in Arizona for an original; Pontiac Heaven (Steve Barcak) and Desert Valley Auto parts are two that I know of there; and also East-West Auto in Tulsa OK. Good luck. It's really frustrating when you pay good money for poor quality merchandise.

Frank