View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 AM

Default Windshield and Rear Glass Rubber choices?

I was thinking some 61-62 Tempest did not have the stainless trim around front and rear glass? In looking for replacement glass channel rubber seals I thought for sure you could get the rubber with or without "reveal Molding" but I am not seeing this now. I checked the new Ames Catalog and it list just one rubber seal per window style but doesn't really say with or without reveal molding. I also checked Steele Rubber Co. and it list "with" reveal molding for the Lemans and Sport versions windshields but didn't mention the standard coupe. On the rear glass it list the standard coupe as one part number (they have wrap around rear glass) and it also list the LeMans and Sport Rear (Flater rear glass) but doesn't really say with or without reveal molding? I am going to call them to see what they offer. Can anyone tell me
#1. Did some base model Tempest not have trim around the front and rear glass?
#2. Who sells the Non-reveal molding glass channel rubber?
I have a standard 2 door coupe with the wrap around rear glass and I was hoping to make it a no trim stripper car but this reveal no reveal trim has me wondering if I can get no reveal rubber?
Any help?
Thanks!