View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One cool opportunity to utilize the artwork will be to create one off custom colored stripes digitally. These are based on the black and white stripe pattern. This can be done fairly cost effectively so single sets or even portions of a set such as the hood stripe only or bird only can be made in custom colors easily. All that will be needed is the PMS color you would like to have on the stripes. The only constraint is white cannot be one of the color choices. It's the white color that forces the concour stripes to be screen printed vs. digitally printed.

These will be printed on the same clear 3M ControlTac film that the concours stripes will be printed on.

Since these are digital and not silk screened, I can do these now.

If anyone is interested in a set, let me know. I'd like to work with you to make a color selection and get a set applied on a car to see how the custom colors would look on a silver, red or other colored car.

Attached are some pictures of a few sample rear deck stripes I made just experimenting with color combinations to see how they would look.

The black/gray stripe is Black and PMS Cool gray 4
The gray/gray stripe is Cool Gray 9 and Cool gray 3
The gray/red stripe is Cool gray 7 and PMS 193
The black/red stripe is black and PMS 186

Here is a sample PMS color chart to compare how the colors look on a chart and in print:
http://www.theexecutivestores.com/PMS_Color_Chart.htm

I would welcome any comments or feedback on this topic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1489s.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	275099   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1494s.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	275102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1495s.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	275104   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1496s.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	275105  

Last edited by 165th; 02-16-2012 at 10:53 PM.