View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default EFI parts locating

Hi guys.

Been putting together some parts and researching others to fit port EFI into the Firebird. This is in a 9:1+ cr, iron headed driver.

The current plan is to run a Megasquirt 3. I will add the MS3Extra for the sequential function as well.

Also going to go with the Victor EFI, as this is just a modified Torker. I know it will require the shorter PICO injectors and I am hoping to find a OEM source for something in the 35# range for now. I am thinking hood clearance with the ability to use a spacer for plenum volume. And possibly, not likely, a hat connected to a small charger. 75mm or so.

The manifold will be topped with a 4150 progressive style throttle body. Was thinking Accufab. Short height, GM sensors and great reputation.

Probably going to go COP, but the EDIS system is stupid simple and need to weight the benefit of the COP.

And I have been in contact with Ollie regarding a crank trigger setup, I realize I'll need a bit of machining on my old front cover, but that's no biggie.

I know I need a fuel pump, lines, regulator, power supply ect. So, that's on my build list. I will most likely modify or buy a tank with an internal pump.

So here's the question. Where do you guys source your parts? I am looking for the best deals available of course, just curious who you guys like to deal with. I most likely will not boost this engine down the road, but this is the foundation for another build idea as I have a pile of turbos to play with.

So what say you? Sound like a solid build plan? What if anything would you do differently? And where are the deals at? I am knee deep already and open to any and all suggestions!

Dave

Fishing guide in the Washington state for Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon. Fish-On!