View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default New Project.......

Last Sunday (9th) afternoon I was working on the GTO as it sat in the basement. I needed to move it slightly so I opened the drivers door and pushed on the door jamb with my butt. Done it a thousand times. To stop it I put my left hand on the A pillar and pushed. Done it a thousand times. This time my elbow rebelled. Intense pain followed by no pain and a mild sick at the stomach feeling. I lifted the left arm and where the bicep used to join the inner elbow there was now a skin filled cavity. The bicep was now a knot up closer to the shoulder. Hmmmmm. Probably not good. I kinda had an idea what had happened and decided that a trip to the E/R was a waste of time and only good for catching the flu so unless things got complicated, I'd wait until Monday and call Lemack's orthopedic sports medicine clinic, which is a block from the office. They opened at 8:30am and invited me over right then. By 9, I had had an xray. At 9:15 Dr Martin came in and had me lift my arm, elbow at 90 degrees. She looked at me and said "you're fixing to have surgery". She explained the medical end of it....basically I had pulled the ligament that connects the bicep to the bone at my elbow off of the bone. She had JUST had a surgical cancellation for the next day or I could wait until the next Tuesday (18th). I told her I'd lie back right there and she could do it right then. I left her office and drove to the hospital for an MRI and pre-op testing and by 2 pm I'm done. Surgery at 8am the next day. During surgery they had to go up and retrieve the bicep and then 2 holes are drilled in one of the bones in my forearm and the biceps ligament is attached with a plate and a pair of screws. 2 weeks locked up in this brace, no movement allowed and then minor increases on movement and therapy.....lots of therapy. For months.

Merry Christmas!

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.

Last edited by David Jones; 10-31-2013 at 08:43 AM.