View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
The picture approval must be a new strategy for new members - i guess.
Do your posts have to wait for approval too ?

Everything you said about the colors is correct.
The invoice on 69's always shows the paint code in Alpha.
The trim tag on 69's always shows the paint code in Numeric.
John mistook S9 as being 59 or 69 ...

206 is base level green interior.

Your car would have came off the line with a "delete / anti-radio" cover plate where the radio "would" go. It also would not have had an antenna - as built.

Shiny said your car is now White - does it still have green interior and green top ?
I can post text without admin approval, but the Photobucket pictures I posted never made it through.

That's a weird choice for the delete plate on the radio? I've never seen one. You'd think a special ordered car like this would at least have an AM radio, but maybe they knew they'd put in an aftermarket one out of the gate?

The car is currently white with a new white interior and white top. When I bought it (about 15 years ago) it had a black interior and black top. I was going to paint it dark green with a white interior and white top, but after I ordered the PHS docs and found out it was a 350HO, I decided to put it back to the factory colors. I have a new green interior, but finding a green top is isn't easy, but I'm sure when the time comes I'll find it somewhere.

When I bought my other 69 convert it came with a rebuilt "XC" 400 short block out of a 75 Trans AM. I was going to put that in as well (currently has a rebuilt 68 Catalina 400), but I think that plan has changed too and I'll hold out until I find an original 69 350 XC.

There's a local guy (Colorado) who has a 69 WV 350HO short block out of a manual Tempest/Lemans, so if anyone needs this engine (one of about 1500 made) he only wants $350 for it. PM if you want his number.