View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Senior Chief

This morning I pulled the 70's out of the end carbs and installed the 68's. No changes to the center.

I then got some good driving time (no rain). Yea! I've put about 55 miles on her today. I went the car wash to vacuum out the interior, went to lunch, went to the pet store to get my kid some more food, and made a lot of laps around my test track (down the feeder road two exits and back).

The car is now running the best it ever has. It cruises at 2500 - 3000 RPM with the wideband reading a consistent 14.0 - 14.5. The idle readings are pretty consistent-- the same as the cruise readings. Every now-and-then, for some unknown reason, the idle readings will go a little rich but, they clear up after a little bit. WOT readings are around 13.0. I kinda need someone, that knows what is going on, to ride with me and observe. Overall, the car runs pretty darn good. I think I'm really getting down to the nitty gritty. Honestly, I'm wondering if I should just leave the Power Valve INOP. The car runs really good without it. I don't know if it's worth the trouble. Any thoughts...??

1965 GTO, 408 tri-power, 4 speed, Currie 12 bolt w/3:42's, Hurst wheels