Thread: POCI Drag Race
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Meyer View Post
I think they have been doing that format for a while. Thats why I didnt bother racing it when it was in CA a few years back. Stupid rules IMHO. Totaly unfair to non box racers. The guys with the box should run their own class period or be told to disconect the things.
You couldn't be more wrong. WE have never done this before. WE are open to input.

Here is our thought process. Quick 8/16 programs are crowd favorites. We Need to make sure they have something to draw them in. In 09, there were 800 paying spectators... Do the math, that goes a long way toward track rental, freeing up the racer entry for better than a 100% payout. In 09 we had less than 20 Super Pro cars entered. By having an open Quick 16 setup, the footbrake guys have the option of running in the Q16 if they qualify. Would you rather take your chances in a Q16 bracket race for a 1000.00 or stay in the 40-60 car Pro bracket for the 1,000.00 Prize? There will only be a half dozen or so Super Pro cars not in the Q16, I do not think that small of a car count justify thier own bracket. Our original thought, and what Rob addressd above, was to run two sides of an all run bracket, super pro to a final racer and pro to a single finals participant, then run both for a large payout of 1,000.00. That would garantee a non-electronic car in the final for all the money. Upon further review, that isn't fair either. The electronics racer may only need to run 2 or 3 rounds to reach the finals. What we decided was to put all the racers into an all run bracket and let them duke it out. The number of electronics racers will only be in the single digits. Since these guys will have run time trials with thier electronics, it seemed fair to allow them to run like that in the eliminations... Maybe we should make them run without electronics to even the playing field? You guys feedback is what will drive this decision.

Remeber, this race is NON-Profit, for the racers, by the racers. Comments like "thier rules are dumb" suck. and are way off base. There is no "Their", it is "our" race, with a garanteed 100%+ racer payout. Go find another race that can state that...

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS! Thanks!

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!