View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanickeith View Post
Steve,,, I will probably be a bit late getting to the friday night session but will be there all day saturday!! I plan on driving over friday night after work!
Hi Keith, That's great. I could use help from you or anyone who would like to help me. If anyone is interested, please call or email me.

Here is the 2 day schedule-

Friday, June 14
gates open 4pm
racing starts 6pm

Main event-
F body vs Mustang Shoot out! ( we are hoping many Firebirds will represent Pontiac on this ).

Also-
*Pontiac Heaven ( Pontiac power only ) test and tune, possible warm up bracket if we have car count. Cruise in car show
* Nostalgic Show & GO! ( 1981/older ) test and tune, possible warm up bracket as well.
* open test and tune for all the rest

Saturday, June 15
Main events-
*15th annual Pontiac Heaven ( drag racing portion ) for real Pontiac powered only. elec, non elec and trophy, Cruise in car show.

* Nostalgic Show & GO! ( 1981/older) elec, non elec and trophy plus A/FX!
* we will also run open test and tune as time allows.

Special thanks to all my sponsors who have stuck with me in this trying year. We will make the most of it and end up better off.

My intentions are to start a 3-5 race a year series.
There will be one for Pontiac Heaven racers ( Real Pontiac power only ), and another for Nostalgic Show & GO! racers ( 1981/older).

We'll see how this event runs at Barona. I will need decent participation, car count and spectators. If this happens, I will likely run there anually or, perhaps, twice a year.

These race series are intended to draw interest in Pontiac powered racing and Nostalgic racing by having multiple events and a points system. Some of the pieces are in place, others have yet to get there but, I am working on it. It is important that I am supported ( racers and specators alike ) for this to happen. Please tell your friends and encourage them to attend.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 05-08-2013 at 11:46 PM.