View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Senior Chief

Default Finally getting the 60 Ventura restored!

My dad bought a 60 ventura back in the late 80's or early 90's out of Ohio with only 30k origional miles on it, and drove it home on the origional tires! (tires wern't good!)
His first brand new car was a black 60 with the marron tri tone interior, he bought this 60 because it had the marron tri tone interior that is mint! Carpet, seats, door panels, headliner are excellent and need nothing. Even the steering wheel is mint with no cracks!

He has always been going to restore it, but has always had other projects to do, and the time has finally come.
It needs fenders and has a couple spots in quarters, but trunk, floors, and frame are nice.
He has all new stainless side trim, bumpers have been rechromed, nos grills, head light bezels, and a ton of other nos parts are going to be used.
He has 2 complete 60 4 bolt main tripower motors that have been built for years, he is going to use one, and put the big exhaust manifolds on it.
He also has a complete 60 4 speed set up, but since the inside is so nice he didn't want to cut up the floor and carpet, so he is going to keep the automatic in it.
He hasen't decided what posi he's going to put in, a 3.90, or 3.23.
Also he has a set of the correct 60 8 lugs that are redone, that he was going to put on, but in the past year he has been thinking of going with a set of stock steel wheels with nos poverty caps, since it seems like every 60 you see at shows now have 8 lugs.

Here are pics I took this mourning just before he left to drop it off at the body shop:

Oh, I also forgot he is going to have it painted solid black, like the one he ordered new, he dosen't care if it's not origional, it's what he had in high school! And it will be driven, not a trailer queen