View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Lake in Wood Campground, or Maple Grove yard?
...the Sunny Day plan was to spend Fathers Day at Lake-in-Wood AFTER getting a time slip. Butt Hay there's other things for a rainy day. Safe driving. Dumbask Question is there a possible re-schedule? HIS
Mark, we were in the Maple Grove yard - got there last evening so Jim could get a jump on things this morning....it was beautiful at sunset.

I woke around 5:30 to the sound of rain this morning, and it rained off & on until Jim made the regretful decision a little after 7:00 this morning. We had radar & laptops - everything that was needed to make a qualified decision about the event. It's unfortunate that so many people had left early and were already on their way at that point only to be turned away at the gate (we saw you banging gears up the hill - car sounded great!).

I'm sure Jim would gladly hand over the reigns of this event or any other to somebody else. Paying the bill for smashed Jersey barriers or the tab when not enough people show up on a rainy Father's Day isn't something I would want to do.

Thanks Jim, more than happy to travel for another try if you decide it's worth all the trouble!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1092 (1280x960).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	326711   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1094 (1280x960).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	326712  

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978