View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Pontiac View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Gents! I'm very pleased with it for sure.

Back to my question about the stripe, I've seen a few different pics now, but what interests me is that on the Endura cars (like mine), I notice the stripe kind of runs right across the top if the fender air extractors, and the lower portion of the stripe seems to be missing there. Is that correct?
The reflective stripe was fitted that way when installed on endura GT's. I've also come across several original '72 LeMans GT's with the 9 stripe D98 stripes. While odd, it did happen.

Quote:
If anyone has an original GT, or has pics of one they can post, I would appreciate it. I'm sure the repop stripe from Phoenix Graphics is correct, but I'd just like a little more confirmation.
In the early 90's, I was the first to commercially reproduce the reflective '71 & 72 D98 stripes & market them nationally. During that time, I sold several sets to Brian K @ Phoenix Graphics, who I'm sure marked them up considerably, he was real pain to deal with. Am not sure if PG digitized a copy of my repro'es or did so off originals. One thing I had done on the repro's, was stub aprox 3/8" to the length of the door & 1/4 stripe,so the stripes had more than enough length to wrap around the door edges & in the 1/4 panel jamb. when Stencils & Stripes reproduced these stripes a few years later, I threw in the towel. Stencils & Stripes would get my business if I needed a set today.

Quote:
While I'm thinking of it, does anyone know if there is a breakdown on production of the GT's in 1972? I'm kind of curious how many were produced compared to the base LeMans.

Thanks guys! Here's an interior shot too!
Breakdown has been listed before, will find the link.

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 08-04-2013 at 10:09 PM.