Thread: POCI Discussion
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66bonne View Post
Bruce: Perhaps the lack of response after 45 views says something about the interest in POCI.
Exactly.

And I totally agree with Andre. The magazine does not have enough info in it or cars to grab my attention longer than that, and that is really just a waste. I'd like to see a convention in a place which is actually a destination with a purpose and or some attractions that are a little more exciting. No offense to the inhabitants of any of the prior or current venues, but they don't compare with some of the alternatives. You might get a lot more excitement in Vegas, Austin, or Orlando than in Dayton or Kansas for example. I am not suggesting these as locations, just for some perspective. How about Pontiac Michigan or Hershey or some other car mecca. While we may all come close, for our companions, it is not all about the cars for 4 days. Hard to beat Norwalk though for sure.

My thing here is that I have met a lot of Great POCI members, most of them older guys, who I relate to better anyway. I have gotten some invaluable information from them, swapped parts back and forth often for nothing but postage and enjoyed swapping stories and info with them. Nearly all of these have been guys I did not meet in any on-line setting. My only concern is that they stay connected to the bulk community, which now seems to be in cyber space. Probably a lot more than I know about since I do not do anything on Facebook and next to nothing on the other social media outlets. If the connection does not happen, then a lot of knowledge and great times in the hobby could be lost.

If nothing comes of this discussion, then that will say a lot.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress

Last edited by Deadhead; 11-11-2013 at 05:11 PM.