View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:55 PM

Default Axle paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165th View Post
Hi Bob, thanks for the compliments. The stencils are commonly found from the Hobby store. Size doesn't matter too much I don't think. Attached are a couple of examples of original stenciled numbers on springs compliments of one of my previous resto's and NJ Steve's springs on the white TA he used to own. The yellowed stencil is significantly smaller than the white one.

The PL and PJ stickers are home made. I'll be glad to send you a set if you'd like.

Attached is a pic of another set I recently finished. I've chose to put the painted stencil in a location towards the rear of the spring that can be a little easier to see when looking in the wheel well just behind the rear tire. It's a little darker and harder to see I think when placed in the front portion of the spring. Not sure if that makes sense.

Side note, this is my first post with large embedded pics included in the post. Thank you to JohnTA1 who recently posted the instructions of how to do this. So much fun!

Did you use the same OER high solid silver on the axle and brake drums? If so where was it purchased?