Thread: Danica Haters
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've gotten second place because someone else was doing the creative rules interpretation and they full well knew they were cheating.

Upon pointing the fact out to the track owner that the tires were a half inch over the 7 inch maximum allowed, he agreed with me they were oversize. Having taken second place I asked him what he was going to do about it, the reply, "I'll tell him by next week he had better have the right tires on his car".

That slap on the wrist is hardly sufficient when your car is legal and your going home with second place.

If NASCAR would take the win away from the cheaters then it might promote following the rules to the letter. Any way you slice it it's morally wrong if you win, you did it under false pretenses. I built my own car and as you can see by the picture in my signature it's possible to win with a car within the rules. My car was examined almost each week by the officials because someone thought it was illegal, upon examination every time it was deemed legal. The feeling of being completely legal and besting your competition, PRICELESS!!!

It takes more time, drive and skill to be within the rules and win, than it does to cheat.
Something my parents taught me, cheaters never prosper.

Anyone that says cheating is racing, doesn't have the right attitude in their life.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: