View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No problem I like that 4-door HT, plus it looks like I am also looking for a set of underhood braces!!!! I see them on your car, and I see the nut plates on the firewall were they should be on the underhood shots on my car.

About the 73 Lemans Safari, it has an odd story, According to the PHS it was an Export Car sold in Hamburg Germany. It was sold to a KC-135 Pilot who brought it back to the US and according to the USAF parking stickers on the front bumper he was based at SAC bases in Maine, upstate NY, the UP of Michigan, North Dakota, and Texas.
I bought it from a Yard in Arizona with a Texas Salvage Title (never did get a believable answer for that ) It is a Rusty POS unfortunately, a 2 seat wagon, but is matching numbers. it is a 400 4bbl duel exhaust, M-20 HD Wide Ratio, 3.23 Posi 8.78 inch Pontiac 10 Bolt. It was ordered with Rally Gauges with Tach, A/C , Tilt, Pwr Windows & Locks, AM/FM 4-speaker Stereo, and a rear defogger. It is also my least favorate 73 color of Golden Olive with a dark green interior. It is also a Bench seat car with what looks like a pick up truck IBT shifter. The only other option was a roof rack, somewhere along the line the roof rack was removed, and a proper 73 NASA Scooped hood, and rear window air deflector were added.
The car came with the base 14X7 rims with Dog Dish caps.

I will Post some pic's when I get home, it is very rusty everywhere but the front Clip that appears to have been replaced at some point. even the firewall and roof are rusty. Unfortunatly I think it will require a rebody to be brought back.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)