Thread: lack of power
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

update....I pulled the spark plug, it looked fine (but dirty as I had mentioned before). I put on a new wire, started the car, and the #8 wire did strobe (sorry if that's not the proper term). But unlike being a consistent strobe like normal, it would work properly for a bit, slow down some to a much slower blink and then go back to full speed.

Next up, I put it into drive and the squeal/die again! I've changed nothing since I last set the timing and it worked fine, but now it is back to the way it was at the beginning. The only thing that has changed is the weather, but I doubt that has too much to do with it.

For some reason it seems as though when I do something to the motor, I end up doing more damage then good (ex: replaced thermostat, burped the system, but antifreeze is starting to seep out everywhere, including the passenger floor and the thermostat housing. what the F) I'm thinking maybe I should stop fiddling with the motor aspect of the car and continue working on other things to pass the inspection. Yay or nay?