View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For many years the conventions were back to back, even if they were in distance cities. This allowed anyone wanting to attend both to be able to take off two weeks together and do so. As you pointed out, it makes no sense with these being so close together not being held in back to back weeks. It's like the clubs are trying to compete with each other. If this happens, both will suffer.

I know that CoVentions are a big undertaking, but both clubs need to take a long hard look at this.

Also, they need to look at one centralized location instead of floating it around. I know they want to make it closer to where more members can attend, but what good is it if is not big enough to support some aspects (such as drag racing)? The national marque clubs with the most successful national meets have them in the same cities each year. Just look at Norwak, or the 'Pontiac Nationals' No national club affiliation, but it seems to grow every year.

As a side note, most of us old timers are just that, OLD. We need young blood to flow into these national clubs, shows, and meets. I recently attended the 'Pontiacs at Pigieon Forge' show in Tennessee. It has been growing and had over 200 Pontiacs this year. In years past I would have scoffed at the large number of later model Firebirds, Trans Ams, GTO's and other Pontiacs. But along with these cars comes the next generation of Pontiac lover and these are the folks we need to maintain our clubs and our hobby. Did I spend a lot of time with these cars? No, but I did appreciate the fact that these guys and gals brought them out to support our hobby. If we don't welcome them with open arms, our hobby will be gone.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT