View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I did not say conventions were locked in 2 years in advance for both organizations. I only communicated that the host clubs for 2015 GTOAA have been planning for the last 2 years. We signed a formal contract for 2015 with the national club at the 2013 show, so we were locked 2 years out. That is typical protocol for GTOAA. The convention coordinator is actively looking out for locations 3-4 years after 2015. They have a pretty good road map.

POCI struggles to generate interest at the local club level for hosting national shows. As I stated above they have been behind the 8 ball since 2013 regarding locations and need interest. Anyone that has interest...please contact Art Barrett and Larry Crider to discuss future opportunities. It takes volunteers to do these shows!

Regarding Co-Ventions, having played a major role in 2009 and 2013, I think they are great! It is an awesome deal for participants and vendors. Our crew still hasn't caught up from 2009 much less 2013. There are not any in the foreseeable future that are planned, especially not 2017. There is still a significant amount of animosity at the national level of both organizations regarding Co-Ventions. It is tough to schedule all the activities in 5 days for both clubs without some overlap and someone feeling slighted. I'm all for the joint shows and think it is the best thing for the hobby. Anyone interested, give me a call. Will gladly consult and give the positives/negatives.

It is also not customary to release future locations more than 1 year out. This is done on purpose so as to not deter people from holding out on attending during the present year. It is out of respect for the current host club and sort of a tradition for both organizations.