View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb it takes TWO, folks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
If I may add to this statement in bold: Many of the "new blood" purchased a new gen GTO. I was one in 2005. ... The future of this GTO hobby will go down with those retiring from it if new blood doesn't revive it. So much hostility toward them has harmed it, I know I seen it and experienced it. This is really unfortunate, just because some refuse to acknowledge those cars as GTOs documents prove otherwise.
I appreciate your feedback.

I am in the younger crowd but am a DarkSider, not a late-model Pontiac man. I am also very concerned about the future of the car 'lifestyle' (hope that makes sense) and see that many clubs are concerned about the long-er term state of it all.

I sincerely hope that the POCI and GTOAA stay around a long time, that newer models get equal time in their respective magazines, and BOTH SIDES pull it together: The 60-somethings who can't/don't/won't give the newer Pontiacers cars the cred they deserve, and the YOUNG GUYS who (and I have personally experienced this) are often at best indifferent towards the people who dig those boaty tanks with round (GLASS) headlights.