View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree that the camaraderie is a big part of going to a race. Hanging with friends for the weekend is great.....but I won't go to a race where there are no payouts posted. Traveling 8 hours to a race that pays 2 or 300 to win isn't going to happen either. Most can get that at their local track and hang with friends and have all the camaraderie they can handle. I had a great time this weekend hanging with my racing friends even though I broke the car. It is a little different getting to see all the Pontiac friends you only get to see once or twice a year though, that's why I go to Norwalk. A win should at least pay for the gas to get there and back, and the entry fee. That's where I draw the line to wether I go to a race or not.

I see where Jason is coming from with the payouts at Norwalk. No one can complain about $70 entry for the whole weekend. That's for sure. It's a great deal for the small entry fee. The real cost is fuel to get there and time off of work without pay. With 4 times as many cars in the Pro class as S/pro class for the same payout is where the no box guys get the short end of the stick like Jason was getting at. S/pro is at 90 or 100% payback on entry fees where Pro is closer to 35 or 40%. But at least a win will cover the fuel to get there and back. If it only paid $400 to win I would probably draw the line there and only go once every few years. I realize no one is getting rich from these races but I do feel payouts are an important part of a race too to keep racers coming.

With that said if they don't post a decent payout for this race the cars won't come and this race won't happen the following year. I hope they get the details figured out soon. I'd like to get it put on my schedule.