View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The theme here s going to be geologically slow progress, like how the earth's plates move. I am trying to focus on enjoying the process, which is something that I have missed out on with some other projects, and it killed them.

I had a brief window of time to work in the garage, so after some cleaning I removed the swaybar and attempted to pull the shocks. Three out of four of the stupid little clips that the lower shock mounts to snapped. They are up in the perch for the spring just spinning around now. Access to them sucks since the coil spring is in the way. I was able to get one out by getting needle-nosed vise grips clamped in such a way at the clip couldn't spin. I am having no success with this trick on the driver's side. I'm sure I will get them out eventually but if anyone has any tips, I'm all ears.

The thought crossed my mind today while surveying the car and realizing how slow progress will be that I opened a can of whoop-ass on my own self. On the other hand, the car is so so solid overall, and such an uncommon year from what I can tell that it deserves to be "restored," to the extent that the work I will be able to do qualifies for that term. Everything is so greasy and nasty and cobbled together, rubber bushings disintegrating everywhere, interior exhibiting Hacksaw Jim Duggan craftsmanship that I keep telling myself "this needs to happen."