View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been fortunate enough to talk to Nunzi a few times at the track over the years for just a few minutes each time. You certainly know you are in the presence of Pontiac royalty when near him. As I remember, he was short and direct, just his personality. Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for when meeting your heroes. I try to meet all mine if possible and just take my chances. Some of these encounters have been life changing and beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. Arnie Beswick, Joe Mondello, Paul Newman, Mac McKellar, PJ Heck, Smokey Yunick, I wouldn't trade those encounters for anything. Others, equally famous, I won't mention, you can have them. Live every day, interact with all the movers and shakers you can while they are still around. They made our sport what it is today. I will tell you Arnie has very carefully instructed both Eric and I how to behave properly in public when your race car is blown-up and in shambles. He takes his responsibility to his fans very very seriously and is why is is one of the most loved personalities in motorsports.