View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Suspended

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks73ta View Post
My Son just got back from the Motor Trend/Hot Rod Magazine Headquarters in LA. They interviewed him and shot his car to be on the cover of the November issue of Mopar Muscle Magazine. The car is not the run of the mill nor traditional type of build that most guys here would like. But it is still quite an accomplishment and as a car guy, it makes me so very proud of him. The car is a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8. But it is flat black, lowered and built in the Mad Max look. The big draw is the original 6.1 Hemi, topped with a fully operational 6-71 blower, twin throttle bodies, but running underdriven to about 6-7 lbs. The original Hemi is a higher compression motor so he needed to stay in the lower boost area for longevity. This is a pic of the car.

He has removed the rear door outer door handles and added electric door openers located on the posts between the doors. So you just reach in and trip the switch to open the rear doors.
For the photo shoot he cut his hair in a tall spiked Mohawk and dressed in a beat up old leather bikers jacket and old jeans. So, I just wanted to tell everyone how proud I am of my Son, car or no car, and if you are into Mopars at all. Take a look at the November magazine.

Side note. He has been working his way towards a full engine build since the original engine has near 190,000 miles on it. He wants to build it to handle much more power provided by the blower. I just got off the phone with him (now the day after getting home from LA), while under full throttle passing a truck on the way to work this morning, the motor just let completely go. He found aluminum parts from piston/pistons in the tail pipe. He said it started to shake and shimmy and the power dropped off the like he let off the throttle. He looked in the rearview mirror and saw nothing but white smoke. He said he felt like the Blue Angels trailing the smoke.
Time for the new bullet!!!!! He planned to use the block and heads form his motor for the new build so I hope they weren't hurt. But when pieces of pistons are coming thru the exhaust system out the tail pipe. Well we'll see.

Mark
Congrats and Luv It! Keep us posted on the replacement Bullet