View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have no dog in this fight but a few observations. The Norwalk event is firmly established and has lots of sponsor support, a single dedicated promoter who began in the Pontiac hay day and the event is at one of the best located and best tracks in the country. It can probably survive on cruise control for another 10-15 years with minor tweaks. A new event like this needs to appeal to a wide audience just to pay the bills, period. Not enough traditional Pontiac racers or show cars to make this event viable unless looking for a tax write off of some kind. From a personal standpoint as a racer, I really like running against other brand cars, whether it be corporate power or other brands. I am a die hard traditional Pontiac engine guy, but I am not going to back down from any other brand. Lets really show them what WE can do with our Pontiac power. We only run Norwalk each year as a single brand event. Other than that, we race all comers. We even ran the Grocery Getter at a NOPI event. That was a drag race for rice grinders!! Had a chance to show those idiots what they were missing. I wish the Pontiac Nationals well, but with the current set of rules, it will be an uphill battle.