View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
Back in the early 1990s when I worked as the tech editor at Musclecar Review, one of our editorial staff members bought a yellow 1LE directly from Pontiac and convinced them to add A/C onto the car on the assembly line. We were located in central Florida and there was no way the project could go ahead in that kind of climate without A/C on the vehicle. Since the guys at Pontiac really wanted to see some press on the car and the car was going to appear in several issues of the magazine, they agreed to the request. It has all the paperwork to back it up. As far as I know he still owns the car. That would make it a definite one of one.
I have the mag/story (BIG 'Bird) and have been trying to get in touch with Mr. Scott ;-) for a few yrs now! Would like to buy it if he'd consider selling. It ran 14.80s @ 93.55

I almost had a JY 92 Formula 305 5sp TTOP 1LE with A/C and cd player ordered back in the day. (still have the order form, it was going to get the SLP goodies dealer installed too.
Was a bit young and needed a cosigner, had money down, dad was on board and then he finally really read the options....... It didn't get it ordered but I still have the order sheet.
Greg found me a car that was 1-2 options shy of my original order, even has dealer SLP parts installed and dealer documents of that!

Last edited by TTOP350; 03-12-2016 at 08:00 PM.