View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sears sold the Craftsman brand, it doesn't mean they will stop carrying the product.

Regardless, Sears is in a death spiral and I believe they'll be out of business in 2-3 years. It's been a long time coming and Walmart had more to do with their decline than Amazon.

I worked for the Sears at the Whitehall Mall in Pa during the summer of '84. I was on a retrofit crew as the store was being remodeled and was basically paid to tear down stuff and get rid of it. Fun job. One day I was assigned with another guy from my crew to help hang lights in the lighting department. Worked with two old codgers there that were career Sears salesmen - had been there for about 30 years. Don't see that anymore.

Remember paging thru the huge Sears catalog at Christmas time? I used to pick out which toys, what color Tough skin jeans, and what NFL jacket I wanted and hoped to get a fraction of my list. Those old Christmas catalogs can bring $50 each now on Ebay...

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime